77 Plastic Surgery is a nationally recognized, award winning, boutique San Francisco medical practice offering comprehensive cosmetic care for every stage of life, including cosmetic plastic surgery, medical and cosmetic dermatology, and medical spa services.
77 Plastic Surgery was founded by surgeon and artist Dr. Larry Fan, who has been named One of America’s Top Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Fan is inspired by the beauty that surrounds and resides within all of us. Our mission is to bring your beauty to life.
We are a boutique practice that is proud to care for you just like family. We are committed to achieving the highest standards of excellence and the very best aesthetic results. We provide the most advanced techniques in plastic surgery while maintaining the highest standards of patient care and uncompromised professional ethics.
77 Plastic Surgery was named to celebrate the spirit, diversity, and beauty of our beloved city of San Francisco (a 7x7 mile square), as well as to reflect our physical location at 77 Van Ness Avenue.
At 77 Plastic Surgery, many of our patients are life-long patrons. They come to us to look their best, and our commitment to them is infinite. We offer comprehensive care for every stage of life: skin care, facials, injectables, laser and light treatments, non-surgical body contouring, wellness services, medical and cosmetic dermatology, and cosmetic surgery with Dr. Fan when the time comes.
Our integrative approach is just one of the reasons our patients are so loyal and why they recommend us to so many of their friends and family members. Here are a few more reasons why:
1) We believe that everyone should be comfortable in their own skin.
2) We believe that deciding to change your appearance is very personal. We will respect your values, wishes, and privacy.
3) We believe that you have unique needs and goals. Your unique beauty demands equally unique treatments. Unlike many practices, we will not recommend the same treatment or procedure for everyone.
4) We believe in real science and real results. You won’t find us supporting the latest fad or trend unless we know that it makes sense and indeed works. We only offer treatments that we stand behind.
5) We believe in carrying out every treatment with the utmost precision, expertise, and care, just as we would for our family. Sometimes our procedures may take longer to perform, but that extra attention to detail shows in our results and is well worth it.
6) We believe in doing no harm (primum non nocere). Your safety is one of our highest priorities. We only use FDA approved products, fully accredited operating room facilities, and board certified anesthesiologists. If you are making a choice that is hazardous to your health or your appearance, we will let you know.
7) We believe that less is more. We will recommend the simplest, safest, and most effective treatment needed to meet your goals.
8) We believe that there is a purpose for both nonsurgical and surgical cosmetic procedures. Because we offer both types of treatments, you can rest assured that you will receive the best kind of treatment for your specific goals.
9) We believe in honesty. We will tell you realistically what to expect every step of the way. Plastic surgery isn’t for everyone, and we won’t be afraid to tell you if we think you’re not a good fit. We don’t sugarcoat. We will tell you what you need to hear, even if you don’t want to hear it. That might not make us well suited for everyone, but it’s in our DNA.
Dr. Larry Fan is an award winning, Harvard-trained leader in aesthetic plastic surgery and the founding director of 77 Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Fan is committed to achieving the highest levels of excellence and the very best aesthetic results. He believes in achieving natural beauty, never "overdone."
Dr. Fan was born in Paterson, New Jersey, and raised in Southern California. He graduated with highest honors from Harvard College and received his M.D. from the University of California at San Francisco. He subsequently completed his surgical training in General and Plastic Surgery at UCSF. Dr. Fan also completed an advanced fellowship in aesthetic surgery at the renowned Ninth Peoples Hospital in Shanghai, China, and a preceptorship in post-bariatric body contouring with Dr. J. Peter Rubin at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He is a former member of the staff at UCSF. He is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
Dr. Fan enjoys the full spectrum of Plastic Surgery, focusing on aesthetic surgery of the face, eyes, nose, breasts, and body. He is also an expert in noninvasive cosmetic treatments, skin care, facial rejuvenation, plastic surgery after massive weight loss, and cosmetic surgery for the Asian patient.
Dr. Fan has been voted one of Americas Top Plastic Surgeons for the past five years by the Consumers Research Council of America. He is also an accomplished scientist and has received several national awards for his research in Plastic Surgery. He has been a speaker at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Fan has been featured in national media outlets such as CNN, NBC, and ABC. He also works closely with leading medical technology companies to develop new technologies for patient care. He is an avid reader, design aficionado, and athlete.
Whether you are considering outpatient cosmetic surgery or a medical spa service, one of the most important decisions you will make is the choice of a facility.
At 77 Plastic Surgery, you will find exceptional care in our beautiful, state-of-the-art medical office and outpatient surgery center.
Our clinic and surgery center provides a welcoming, safe, and pleasant environment for all of our patients and their families.
Your care and comfort are two of our highest priorities.
We pledge to provide you with the finest personal service and facilities so that you will enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance.
Enjoy the comfort, safety, and privacy of our adjacent outpatient surgery center, Hayes Valley Surgery Center.
Our surgery center is equipped with the most modern equipment available and has received the highest ratings for patient safety and satisfaction from the AAAASF.
AAAASF certification is the highest level of certification that can be obtained by a free standing surgical facility, ensuring that the highest standards for operating safety and patient care are provided.
For your comfort and safety, we exclusively use Board Certified Anesthesiologists to provide our general anesthesia and deep intravenous sedation services.
We have earned numerous awards for our outstanding patient care and results. Our doctors are also frequently featured on national and local media outlets such as CNN, NBC, ABC, and KRON4.More Details
At 77 Plastic Surgery, our number one priority is providing outstanding service and exceptional results. Take a look at what some patients are saying about us!
Considering plastic surgery can be a daunting process. Not sure where to start? We've written a New Patient Guide to help you navigate your cosmetic journey and put your mind at ease.Get Started