Neck liposuction is a popular procedure that can help reduce or eliminate that stubborn neck fat. Patients who undergo neck liposuction enjoy a refreshed look with a slimmer, contoured neck.
At our plastic surgery practice in San Francisco, we’re often asked about how much neck liposuction costs. If you’re wondering the same thing, this article is for you.
Neck Liposuction Pricing: What You Need to Know
Neck liposuction is not a cookie-cutter procedure. The price will be tailored to achieve your individual goals.
In San Francisco, the cost of neck liposuction ranges from $3,000 to $9,500. That is admittedly a large price range, but it's almost impossible to provide an accurate estimate of costs without an in-person consultation.
The location of extra neck fat and the amount of fat that needs to be removed varies from person to person. Therefore, depending on the scope of what must be done to achieve the desired outcome, prices will also vary.
Factors That Impact Neck Liposuction Pricing
One thing to keep in mind is that your procedure is not simply priced on the treatment. In many cases, patients are quoted a price for an operation only to find out there are a lot of extra fees that were not discussed.
At 77 Plastic Surgery, we believe hidden fees are wrong, and you should know exactly what you should expect to pay for treatment. Here are some factors that will impact the total cost of having neck liposuction:
- The skill and expertise of the surgeon. The best plastic surgeons will charge more than lesser skilled surgeons and those without a proven track record of success.
- Your geographical location. Where you have your surgery will impact the price.
- The use of advanced equipment. Surgeons who invest in the most advanced medical technology and instruments do so to provide the best experience and results for their patients. They will, in turn, charge a bit more than plastic surgeons who are using older technology, which isn't always necessarily a bad thing.
- The surgical facilities used. Will your treatment be in a hospital or an accredited surgery center?
- The type of anesthesia used. Do you prefer local anesthesia, twilight sleep, or general anesthesia?
- Aftercare and medications. If you require any type of follow-up or prescription medications, that will add to the cost of your procedure.
When Additional Treatments Are Required
If you have a substantial amount of loose skin in addition to excess fat, liposuction alone will not give you the results you want. A facelift or necklift are really the only options to address excess sagging skin.
Neck liposuction and a neck lift are often performed together to achieve more dramatic and youthful results.
Depending on the treatments (or combination or treatments) required, the total costs to achieve your desired results will vary accordingly.
Your Next Step: Find a Surgeon You Can Trust
There is no substitute for finding an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon you can trust to accomplish long-lasting, wonderful outcomes. The surgeon you choose to work with truly makes a difference.
You can also take a free online self-evaluation to see which treatments for which you're a good candidate.