Once upon a time, women used girdles, bustles, and petticoats to create that much-desired hourglass shape. With the introduction of curve-hugging jeans and trousers in the mid-twentieth century, the old fashioned (and bulky) outfit enhancers were no longer useful.
Today’s fashions accentuate the waist and buttocks. Unfortunately, not all of us are genetically blessed with a Kardashian silhouette (perhaps not even the Kardashians). The good news is, having the perfect butt accompanied by a slim waistline is achievable through plastic surgery - specifically, the Brazilian Butt Lift.
If you’re like most people, your bank account is one of the first things that comes to mind when considering plastic surgery. Cost and affordability are important considerations. While there is no one-size-fits-all price tag, when it comes to quality plastic surgery, there are several factors that will impact the “bottom line,” so to speak.
In this article, we’ll examine the factors surrounding Brazilian butt lift pricing, so you can get a better idea how much you should plan to budget for your treatment.
How Much Does a Brazilian Butt Lift Cost?
Many elements should be considered when looking into the overall cost of a Brazilian butt lift. Because of this, it can be virtually impossible to predict how much your procedure will cost without an in-person evaluation.
The only way to answer the cost question definitively is to consult a reputable plastic surgeon. Following an examination and consultation, they will give you a price estimate. In this article, however, we’ll discuss the major variables that affect pricing to give you a general idea of the price range you should expect.
The Extent of Your Butt Lift
The Brazilian Butt Lift involves two main procedural steps:
- Harvesting fat via liposuction of the waistline, lower back, and hips
- Injecting the purified fat into the buttocks
How much work you need to have done can have a significant impact on cost. For instance, a woman who is thicker may require more liposuction than a woman who is slender, which could increase costs. Even women who wear the same dress size can have drastically different figures.
The more complicated the procedure, the larger the price tag. Attaining more dramatic results simply involves more work and thus costs more.
The Surgeon You Choose
Individual surgeons charge different fees, depending on their experience, skills, and demand. The old adage "you get what you pay for" is often true, as the best surgeons tend to be the most expensive. Be careful of choosing a surgeon with low prices as that may be a sign of a poorly skilled surgeon, a surgeon who lacks adequate credentials, and/or a surgeon who takes shortcuts that could put you at higher risk of having a botched procedure.
In the realm of buttock augmentation, there are two dangerous trends that are important to avoid:
1. Be wary of "doctors," both here and abroad, who offer a Brazilian Butt Lift using injections other than your body's own, natural fat. There are those who perform liquid silicone injections, which are dangerous and may lead to serious health complications such as having permanent painful lumps or chronic infections. Even worse, others use toxic materials like Fix-A-Flat, rubber cement, or silicone caulk (often called "booty shots"). Some of the people performing these dangerous procedures are people who are not actual doctors but pretend to be doctors.
It is critical that you are aware that there are no FDA-approved fillers for augmenting your buttocks.
2. Another frightening new trend is the rise of bargain priced cosmetic clinics, both here in the US and abroad ("medical tourism"). These clinics lure in unsuspecting patients from far and near with "bargain" prices and the promise of a "relaxing getaway." Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to vet the doctors performing the procedures at these clinics, and in many circumtances they are underqualified and poorly skilled. Additionally, safety standards are often lacking. There have been numerous instances of botched procedures and dangerous complications, including death, due to gross negligence, poor surgical skill, and inadequate safety standards. The sad thing is, chop shops like this are popping up everywhere, even in the United States.
In a field where so many dangerous pitfalls exist, it’s even more essential that you find a reputable Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with buttock augmentation.
Check credentials, get references, visit offices, and look at before-and-after photos before you allow anyone to operate on you. You’ll be glad that you put in the time.
Location Affects Pricing
The cost of surgery can be influenced by your geographic location. In general, the cost of surgery tends to be less expensive in areas of the country where the cost of living is low.
In cities like San Francisco and New York, where the cost of living is high, the cost of surgery is typically higher than the national average.
Higher prices might not seem desirable, but keep in mind that elite cities like San Francisco are home to some of the best plastic surgeons. In fact, many patients fly into San Francisco from all around the world to get access to the best of the best.
It's important to understand the charges for an operation extend beyond just the surgeon’s fees. At 77 Plastic Surgery, we don't believe in hiding fees in the small print. We believe the costs of your operation should be very transparent, so there are no unpleasant surprises. Not all plastic surgeons are as forthcoming, so be sure to ask a lot of questions about the following fee list to make sure you’re not assuming unexpected charges.
Here are some fees that may be reflected in your bill:
- Surgeon Fees
- Surgical Facility and/or Hospital Costs
- Special Equipment and Technology
- Garments and Wound Dressings
- Aftercare Costs
- Lab Tests
The Bottom Line
Getting that perfect hourglass shape through surgery is a big decision, and it requires a significant investment.
At our San Francisco practice, the cost of a Brazilian Butt Lift ranges from $20,000 to $50,000, with an average cost of around $30,000.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. He or she will assess your specific needs and goals to customize a treatment plan, provide you with a price estimate, and perhaps discuss payment options.
At 77 Plastic Surgery, we are here to help you reach your desired surgical outcome. Dr. Fan is a board-certified, Harvard-educated plastic surgeon with vast experience in buttock augmentation. For those who need financial assistance, we offer a range of financing plans. A low monthly payment is available, even for individuals with suboptimal credit.
Feel free to fill out our free online self-evaluation to see if you're a good candidate for plastic surgery. It only takes a few minutes to complete, and we'll send your results to your inbox.